Volunteers who live in the City of Falls Church are needed to serve on the boards and commissions listed below. Contact the City Clerk's Office at 703-248-5014 (TTY 711) or email for more information, or fill out an application online or download the PDF application form. This list includes vacancies and upcoming expiring terms. Requests for reappointment must be made through the City Clerk. Applications are being accepted until the end of the month. Vacancies advertised for more than one month may be filled during each subsequent month before month's end.

August 2021 Vacancies & Upcoming Expiring Terms 

City Boards and Commissions  

Regional Boards and Commissions


In anticipation of the creation of a West Falls Community Development Authority (CDA) and establishment of the West Falls District, the Falls Church City Council invites interested City residents to apply for the resident position on the 5-member Authority. Candidates with knowledge of finance or commercial real estate preferred. Application deadline has been extended to August 27, 2021.

More information about the CDA, including the background and anticipated schedule for establishing the Authority:

Videos and livestreams of Falls Church City Council meetings and work sessions (with agendas) can be viewed at