Are you studying for a standardized test like the GED, SAT, or GRE? Are you researching possible educational opportunities or a new career? Try the library’s new Testing & Education Reference Center (TERC), which provides free online access to:
- More than 300 practice tests and courses
- Dozens of ebooks containing valuable study material and practice tests
- Information on more than 4,000 accredited schools
- Scholarship search featuring $8 billion in available scholarships
- Resume builder with more than 1,000 brainstorming phrases to get you started
- Career modules covering subjects from career change to salary negotiations
TERC resources are conveniently organized in five broad categories:
- High School (GED, AP, secondary school entrance exams)
- College Prep (PSAT, SAT, ACT, college/scholarship searches)
- Careers (resume builder, career assessment, basic computer skills)
- Graduate School (GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, MAT)
- International (TOEFL, TOEIC, US Citizenship Exam)
Practice test information is available for a wide range of careers--including, accounting, air traffic control, cosmetology, fire and rescue service, foreign service, law enforcement, medical/nursing, postal service, real estate, social work, teaching, and treasury enforcement.
To learn more about TERC – and the library’s other online databases – go to www.fallschurchva.gov/ResearchTools.