Subscribe here for an email when major updates are made to this page.
NEW: Who Can Get a Pfizer Booster?
COVID-19 booster doses are available to some recipients of the Pfizer vaccine at least 6 months after their second dose, based on the following recommendations as of September 2021:
Three types of people that SHOULD get the booster:
- People 65 years and older
- Residents in long-term care facilities
- People 50-64 years old with underlying medical conditions.
Two types of people who MAY get the booster:
- People 18-49 years old with underlying medical conditions, based on their individual benefits & risks
- People 18-64 years old who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting based on their individual benefits & risks.
Level of COVID-19 Transmission: High
Based on updated guidance released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) last week, the Fairfax Health Department recommends that everyone, including individuals fully vaccinated against COVID-19, wear a mask in public indoor settings.
As the number of COVID-19 cases has continued to increase with the spread of the Delta variant, this recommendation is based on the Fairfax Health District moving from moderate level of COVID-19 transmission to substantial transmission. Learn more about this and other preventative steps you should take.
City Government Programs and Services
- Mask and Admittance Policy for City Facilities
- As of August 2021, masks and social distancing are required for everyone in City facilities, including City Hall, the Community Center, and the Library (once it reopens).
- Do not enter the building if you have recently been in contact with someone who has COVID-19; if you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days; or if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- City Hall
- NOW OPEN: Mary Riley Styles Public Library
- Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Community Center
- Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Farmers Market
- Parks and Recreational Facilities
COVID-19 Information and Resources
City Information and Resources