The City of Falls Church is committed to the letter and spirit of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) year-round. To request a reasonable accommodation for any type of disability, call (571) 402-9102 (TTY 711).
- Proposed "T-Zone" Updates
- City Council Final Consideration September 26, 2023 (Tuesday)
- Car Tax (Personal Property Tax)
- November 7 General Election
- Mail-in ballots have been sent.
- If you don’t receive your by-mail ballot by October 3, contact us!
- Early voting starts Friday, September 22.
- Traffic Signals
- Great Falls and Lincoln: New cabinet installed August 17.
- Broad and Maple: New cabinet on order.
- Hillwood and Cherry: Wiring scheduled to be fixed week of May 29.
- Hillwood and Annandale: Cabinet was replaced on May 31.
- Hillwood and Roosevelt: Wood poles installed and mast arms are scheduled to be replaced in June.
- Curbside Composting
- The City of Falls Church offers residential and business Curbside Composting through Compost Crew, with 60 percent of the fee subsidized by the City!
- Curbside weekly pickup can include meats, seafood, dairy, compostable plastics, greasy parts of pizza boxes, and more!
- Learn more and sign-up.
- Beaver Sightings in Herman Park
Public Works and Police have been working on a humane solution to the beaver building dams in Howard E. Herman Stream Valley Park. As the City addresses this issue, please stay away from the beaver and all wildlife and do not touch the dam.
For a full list of all upcoming events, please visit the calendar.
- Falls Church Festival and the Taste of Falls Church
- September 23, City Hall and Community Center Grounds
- 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Admission is free to the public, but food, beer, and amusement rides require the purchase of one or more taste tickets.
- Sunset Cinema
- Free: Cherry Hill Park September 29, October 6, and October 13!
- The people have spoken! E.T. The Extra Terrestrial will be featured film for Sunset Cinemas Friday, October 13, at Cherry Hill Park starting at dusk.
- Farm Day
- October 7, Cherry Hill Park
- 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Admission is free but some activities require a small fee (cash only)
Recent Council Action Highlights
For full reports on all Council actions from each meeting, please visit the Legislative Updates page.
- East End Small Area Plan Guiding Document (Adopted)
- Authorize Purchase of eBooks through Overdrive for the Library (Authorized)
- Authorize Upgrade of Police Dispatch System (Passed)
Subscribe to Focus on Falls Church
- City news at your fingertips
- Emailed weekly on Thursdays