Posted on: March 16, 2020
Information About Library Closure
In response to COVID-19, the library is closed until further notice. Learn more about what library programs and services will be available during the closure.
Library Building Closed & Programs Cancelled
- The library (temporary location at 601 S. Oak Street) is closed to the public until further notice.
- All programs and events - including offsite programs - have been canceled.
- Please check our online calendar for a list of specific programs and cancellations.
Due Dates & Returning Items
- All due dates will be automatically extended for the period the library is closed.
- Patrons are asked to hold on to items already checked out until the library reopens.
- Overdue fines will be suspended for the period the library is closed.
- The book drop outside 601 S. Oak Street is closed and will not be accessible while the library is closed.
Reserves & Interlibrary Loan Requests
- Reserves on library items will be suspended until the library reopens.
- Patrons will retain their current spots on reserve lists.
- No new interlibrary loan requests will be accepted while the library is closed.
- Reserves on items in digital collections (ebooks, digital audiobooks, etc) will continue normally.
New Cards, Expiring or Blocked Cards
- Library card expiration dates will be extended while the library is closed.
- The fine/fee limit has been temporarily raised so card holders are not blocked from accessing Digital Collections and online resources.
- We are currently still processing new library card applications. More information about cards and signing up online is available at www.fallschurchva.gov/GetaLibraryCard. Once we have processed a card, we will email individuals their login information to provide them with access to our Digital Collection and online Research Tools while we are closed. We will resume card pickup/mailing cards to patrons after we reopen.
- Our online Digital Collection and Research Tools are available 24/7 for MRSPL card holders.
- The collection includes eBooks, eAudiobooks, streaming movies, magazines, comics and graphic novels, music, and learning modules.
2019 IRS Forms
- We have moved our free 2019 IRS tax forms and instructions to the Commissioner of Revenue’s office in City Hall (300 Park Ave.).
- The following are available while supplies last: 1040 & 1040-SR Form Packet (with Schedules 1-3) and the 1040 & 1040-SR instruction book.
Contact Us During the Closure
- Library staff continue to check voicemail, email, and text messages (703-520-2484) Monday through Friday 9:30 am - 4:30 pm.
- Staff are also active on library social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- View our Contact Us page for a full list of ways to contact us.
Updates & Additional Info: