Subscribe here for an email when major updates are made to this page.
The City of Falls Church and Northern Virginia started Phase One of Governor Northam’s Forward Virginia reopening plan on May 29.
What Customers Should Know
- Wear a Mask or Face Covering -- Starting Friday, May 29, wearing a mask or face covering is required in public indoor places, and recommended for any time you leave your home. Find details here.
- Social Distance -- It is very important to stay at least 6 feet away from people who are not in your household.
- Wash Your Hands -- Washing your hands and not touching your face are key ways to stay healthy.
- Pay Attention to Signage -- Businesses may post signage about guidelines for masks, waiting and seating areas, check-out lines, and more.
- Safer at Home -- Everyone is safer at home. If you choose to go out, follow the guidelines above.
Which Businesses Can Reopen?
The Forward Virginia reopening plan notes the following for businesses that can reopen in Phase One:
- Retail establishments may operate at 50% capacity
- Restaurant and beverage establishments may offer outdoor dining at 50% occupancy
- Personal grooming services may operate with one patron per service provider
- Fitness centers may offer outdoor exercise services
- Campgrounds may begin taking reservations for short-term stays
- Places of worship may continue drive-in services, and services may be held inside at 50 percent capacity; specific guidelines for religious services can be found here
City businesses should visit the Governor’s website for requirements specific to their industry.
Additional Information for City Businesses
City businesses that would like to consider using tents and either a change to outdoor seating, additional outdoor seating, or additional use of outdoor space should visit www.choosefallschurch.org/PhaseOne for information on permits and inspections. A downloadable flyer is available here.
COVID-19 Information and Resources
City Information and Resources