Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
To see a complete list of Book Club to Go titles, search in the catalog for "book club to go kit" and a list of all kits will be displayed or view our printable lists of kits grouped by fiction by author A-Z or Nonfiction by Author A-Z.
It is important to note that before an land disturbance can occur on a property the RPA must be definitively located by a licensed surveyor or professional engineer.
The convenience fee when using credit cards is a percentage-based or flat rate fee that varies depending on the card type and the bill you are paying. The convenience fee is automatically calculated based upon the type of credit card used and the dollar amount of the bill being paid and is shown on the payment page before you submit your payment for processing.
However, the due date remains the same. It is up to you as the taxpayer to make sure your tax bill is paid on time. So be wise. Don't wait til the last minute!
Registration can be performed by completing and submitting a Motor Vehicle Registration Form with a copy of the vehicle registration card. Or by registering online.
Falls Church City Continues to Implement the General Assembly’s Changes to the Personal Property (Car) Tax Relief Act (PPTRA). The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Virginia has capped Tax Relief (PPTRA) at $2.02 million for the City of Falls Church. For 2017, the value of the state subsidy to individual taxpayers in the City of Falls Church is 44.05% of the qualifying tax levy. This is the effective amount the State is paying the City on your behalf. You are required to pay the difference directly to the City of Falls Church.
The PPTRA applies 44.05% relief only to the 1st $20,000 of a vehicle's assessed value and the remaining 55.95% of assessed value is the responsibility of the taxpayer. For example, Mr. Smith purchased a vehicle worth $15,000 in assessed value, at a taxing rate of 5%. The total tax on the vehicle for the year would be $750. PPTRA would cover $330.38 and the remaining $419.63is the taxpayer's responsibility.
PPTRA only applies to personal use vehicles; business use vehicles, motor homes, trailers and vehicles over 7501 lbs. do not receive tax relief. There is NO tax on vehicles with an assessed value of $1,500 or less. All qualified vehicles with an assessed value between $1,501 and $20,000 will receive tax relief of 44.05%%. Any assessed portion over the first $20,000 of a vehicle’s value will be taxed at 100%. The 2017 personal property tax rate is $5.00 per $100 of assessed value.
Residential structures in the City of Falls Church are limited to 35 feet or 2.5 stories. The height of a building (in feet) means the vertical distance measured from the average grade of the building footprint to the highest point of the coping of a flat roof, or the deck line of a mansard roof, or the mean height level between eaves and ridge for gable, hip, and gambrel roofs. Average grade shall be determined using the finished grade level or the natural grade level, whichever is lower. Garages and auxiliary structures are limited to 12 feet in height measured to the midpoint of the gable for non-historic properties and 1.5 stories and 20 feet in height for historic properties.
Commercial structures are limited to 4 stories and 55 feet in Zoning Districts B-1 and B-3, and are limited to 7 stories and 75 feet in Zoning District B-2.
Commercial structures are allowed more stories and greater height by approval of a Special Exception application. For details on the Special Exception process, please contact the Planning Division at 703-248-5040 (TTY 711). Building Height Examples.