This grant program supports activities, programs, events and strategies that encourage arts, history, and cultural education and strengthen the vitality of these efforts in the City of Falls Church and serve as a catalyst in the greater community.
Consistent with the purpose of the Arts and Humanities Grants program, grant funds will be awarded to support projects and organizations that achieve one or more of the following goals:
- Stimulating excellence in the City of Falls Church in the area of the arts, theatre, culture and/or history
- Encouraging cultural and ethnic diversity in the City of Falls Church
- Enhancing the quality of life in the City of Falls Church through:
- Stimulating economic development
- Supporting educational advancement in the arts, theater, culture and/or history
- Appealing to the widest audience
- Making the culture, arts, theater and history accessible to all
Organizations must meet these five requirements:
- Only tax-exempt organizations as defined in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) are eligible, or organizations that have a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) as its fiscal agent for a project grant.
- The organization's core mission must be towards the research, production, presentation, exhibition, education or performance of arts, culture, theater or history.
- The organization must reside in the City of Falls Church with a City of Falls Church address on record.
- At least 75% of the organization's programming or activities must take place in the City of Falls Church.
- Any previous Arts and Humanities grants awarded to the organization must be closed out and all reports and funds from previous grants be accounted for before the next grant can be awarded.
- Any project grant submitted under this application will only be reimbursed if project is completed and accessible to the public by the end of the fiscal year
- May 2023 – Grant application process opens (May 3)
- July 2023 – Grant application closes (deadline July 28)
- August 2023 – Grant review committee review applications
- September 2023 – Grant recommendations are presented to City Council
- Late September 2023 – Grant awardees are notified and complete a grant agreement form
- October 2023 through May 2024 – Grant recipients may submit reporting for grant reimbursement
- May 2024 – Deadline for grant reimbursement* (May 16, 2023)
*All receipts must be turned in by the grant reimbursement deadline