Beginning in March 2023, SNAP benefits will return to normal without the added supplement.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Federal Government passed a law to temporarily increase SNAP benefits to support families. Recently, the federal government changed the law and the temporary increase to the SNAP benefits will end February 16, 2023. Beginning in March, all SNAP benefits will return to normal amounts, without the added supplement.
Ways to get help:
- The Virginia Department of Social Services has created a temporary information line. Please call: 1-855-635-4370
- If you need food now, contact the City's Housing and Human Services team at 703-248-5005 (TTY 711) or at HHSinfo@fallschurchva.gov
- For more food resources through churches and community groups, visit the Fairfax County Human Service Resource Guide online.
- If you receive SNAP you may also be eligible for Medicaid, TANF, Energy Assistance, Child Care Assistance and more. Apply at CommonHelp.Virginia.gov/access or apply by phone at 1-833-5-CALL-VA (1-833-522-5582).
- Double your SNAP dollars at the Falls Church Farmers Market, open every Saturday morning until noon, year-round. Get more fruits and vegetables when you use your SNAP/EBT Card.