Summer Camp 2021

Details about Summer Camp 2021 will be posted by March 1. 

Summer Camp in the National Spotlight

A few weeks ago, Scripps (the nation's fourth-largest independent TV station owner) came to the Community Center to film what our Summer Fun Camp program looks like during the COVID-19 pandemic. While there aren't any Scripps stations in our area, the segment is popping up on TVs in New York City, Richmond, and as far away as Denver! Give it a watch!

Questions & Answers about 2020 Summer Camps during COVID-19 (updated July 15, 2020)

The Recreation and Parks Department is committed to offering safe and high-quality summer camp programming to our participants. In an effort to achieve that goal, staff conducted evaluations of all camp programs in conjunction with guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) the American Camp Association (ACA), Governor Ralph Northam, local health and government officials, and local camp providers.

We are excited to announce our revised camp schedule. Select camp programs will proceed as schedule while others have been canceled or will be offered in a modified format. The status of each camp was determined following a comprehensive review of the program using the guidelines outlined above. 

Download a PDF with the status of all Summer Camps (last updated July 15, 2020).

All camp families should understand that camp will look very different this summer. Campers must first pass a morning health check prior to being permitted into camp each day.  Social distancing will be enforced for all campers and staff.  For a listing of changes you can expect this summer, please view our face covering requirements and  download a PDF of our Summer Camp Guidelines 2020 (last updated June 15, 2020).

Camp Cancellations FAQ

I forgot which summer camp I registered my child for. 

Not sure which camps you’ve signed up for?

If my camps are canceled will I receive a refund?

All individuals registered for a canceled camp program will receive a full refund of the registration fee. Refunds will be made via the original payment method. Due to the high volume of refunds please allow up to four weeks for processing. 

What about camps for children of essential personnel?

Every effort will be made by the Recreation and Parks Department to place the children of essential workers into camp programming. First priority will be given to essential workers employed by the City of Falls Church and Falls Church City Schools. Next priority will be given to essential workers who are City of Falls Church residents. Essential workers are defined as:

  • Providers of healthcare including, but not limited to, workers at clinics, hospitals, Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), nursing homes, long-term care and post-acute care facilities, respite houses, designated agencies and emergency medical services;
  • Essential government employees including public health employees and employees who oversee or support all the other functions included in this list;
  • Criminal justice personnel including those in law enforcement, courts, and correctional services;
  • Police, firefighters, and military
  • Employees who operate shelters or other essential services for adults, children and families
  • Employees who ensure continuity of basic services such as electricity/gas, water, internet, plumbing, sanitation and garbage removal
  • Employees who ensure essential transportation including public transportation, trucking and health care-related transportation
  • Employees who ensure essential food, pharmaceutical and supplies access (e.g., grocery, food bank, feeding programs, drug store, hardware store)
  • Staff and providers of child care and education services (including custodial and kitchen staff and other support staff) for children of other essential personnel

What Modified or Virtual Camps will be offered?

The potential for virtual programming and/or alternative modified live programs for canceled camps is being evaluated and additional information will be provided as details are available.

What if my child is registered in the Summer Fun camp? 

Summer Fun is operating with social distancing, appropriate cleaning protocols, and other safety measures. Parents of Summer Fun campers can watch a recording of the Camp Orientation video below or on YouTube

Will extended care be available for campers?

A modified extended care program will be offered for campers enrolled in the Summer Fun program ONLYThe modified program will offer morning care from 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 am and afternoon care from 3:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Summer Fun campers wishing to participate in the extended care portion of the program will need to register online. As a reminder this program is only available to Summer Fun participants during weeks in which they are enrolled in Summer Fun.

Can I cancel my camp registration(s) at this time?

Yes: Cancelations of camp registration(s) can be made HERE (must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the first day of camp).

At this time, as a courtesy the Department of Recreation and Parks is waiving the standard cancelation processing fees and providing full refunds of all registration fees for requests received at least two weeks prior to the first day of camp. Please allow up to four weeks for processing and refunds to post to your account. Requests received less than two weeks prior to the first day of camp will not be granted unless there is a medical reason (doctor’s note required) or for relocation of at least 25 miles from the City of Falls Church.

May I still register for summer camp programming?

You may still register for camps online here

I have more questions. Who may I contact?

For questions or further assistance please contact Ryan Amato, Recreation Program Supervisor for Camps and Youth Sports at or 703-248-5307 (TTY 711)

We wish you and your families continued health and safety and thank you for your continued patience and cooperation as we navigate through this unprecedented situation.

Camp Forms

Emergency Information Form

The Emergency Information form is required for every child in any of our summer camps.
  1. Download and complete the Emergency Information Form
  2. Please save your completed Emergency Information form as "Last Name, First Name".
  3. Send your completed Emergency Information form to: . Make the subject of your email your child's full name. 

Medication Administration Form

If your child needs medication administered during camps hours, we will also need you to complete the Medication Administration Form. This is form is only required if medication needs to be administered to your child while they are at camp with us.

Additional Forms

Additional forms are required for some contracted and adventure camps. This forms will be emailed to you in the welcome to camp email, about a week before the first day of camp.

Childcare Statement & Tax ID

The Falls Church Recreation and Parks Department's Tax ID is 546001271. You can obtain an official record of your child's participation in our programs in your online account.

Your account will enable you to print a Childcare Statement that lists the camps attended, amount of money spent and the Tax ID.