Aging Services

Housing and Human Services provides a variety of services targeted to senior adults are available, including information and referral, links to resources, advocacy, community education, limited case management, counseling / consultation for persons with multiple needs, home visits, access to affordable assisted living, dental services, and more.
Fairfax Division of Adult & Aging Services

Through contract arrangements with the Fairfax County Department of Family Services - Older Adults Services, City of Falls Church residents may access home-based care, Meals on Wheels, employment services, insurance counseling, volunteer opportunities, mandated adult protective services, and more.

Call Older Adult Services at 703-324-7948 (TTY 711).

Assisted Living Programs

Through agreements with the City of Falls Church, Sunrise of Falls Church offers set-aside beds and The Kensington offers subsidized assisted living to low and moderate-income City residents or members of their immediate families.

Sunrise Set-Aside Program

City of Falls Church residents or immediate family members of City residents considering assisted living may be eligible for a program that offers participants 62 and older with low and moderate incomes, a reduced rate for room and board at Sunrise of Falls Church, located in the City of Falls Church.  Based on needs, different levels of services are available.  Any and all costs beyond the basic monthly room and board fee are exclusive of this program and charged at market rate. Persons under 62 with disabilities may also be eligible.  

The Kensington Subsidized Program

Through an agreement between The Kensington and the City of Falls Church, Housing and Human Services is offering eligible seniors the opportunity to participate in a subsidized assisted living program at this facility. You may qualify if you are a resident of the City or have a family member who is a resident, are age 62 and older, and meet income eligibility guidelines.    

Senior Center

The Recreation and Parks Department offers a consolidated program of activities including social activities, recreation programs and trips for area seniors at the Senior Center located in the Community. More information on Senior Center

Need Help

Are you a resident that needs someone to perform a job such as yard work or snow shoveling, contact the Recreation and Parks at 703-248-5307 (TTY 711)

Relief Programs for the Elderly and Persons with Disabilities

The City of Falls Church provides Real Estate Tax Relief, Personal Property/Auto Decal Relief and Rent Relief to City residents who are either 65 or older, or permanently and totally disable, and meet the income and asset eligibility requirements. Applications are available beginning in mid-February of each year with a deadline date of April 15th.

Eligibility requirements:

  • Applicants must be residents of the City of Falls Church as of December 31
  • Applicants must be 65 year of age, or permanently and totally disabled
  • For Rent Relief you cannot be receiving a rent subsidy
  • Income and asset requirements vary from program to program