Subscribe here for an email when major updates are made to this page.
Two programs can help residents with financial assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic, regardless of immigration status.
Housing and Human Services Financial Assistance
The City of Falls Church offers emergency help for rent, utilities, and food for those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Applicants must be City of Falls Church residents and have been directly impacted by the pandemic. Immigration status does not matter. Situations may be considered on a case by case basis, and assistance is dependent on available funds.
For information about this program, including applications, call 703-248-5005 (TTY 711) or email email@example.com.
La Ciudad de Falls está ofreciendo asistencia financiera para aquellos que fueron afectados directamente por la pandemia COVID-19. Para más información llame al 703-248-5005 (TTY 711).
Virginia Rent and Mortgage Relief Program
The Virginia Rent and Mortgage Relief Program (RMRP) is designed to support and ensure housing stability across the commonwealth during the coronavirus pandemic. If you live in the City of Falls Church (or the Falls Church part of Fairfax County) and meet the eligibility requirements below, complete the application on the website of the Northern Virginia Family Service (NVFS) (scroll to the bottom for the PDFs). For assistance with this application and process, please call 804-404-8752 (TTY 711).
In order to receive financial assistance through the RMRP, households must meet the following minimum requirements:
- The Tenant or Homeowner has a valid lease or mortgage statement in their name.
- The household has experienced a loss of income due to the Coronavirus pandemic (Head of household must complete the self-certification of loss of income).
- The household’s total rent or mortgage payment is at or below 150% fair marketing rate.
- Studio: $2,185.50
- 1 bedroom: $2,250.00
- 2 bedroom: $2,560.50
- 3 bedroom: $3,322.50
- 4 bedroom: $4,060.50
- The household’s current gross income is equal to or less than 80 percent Area Median Income (AMI) for household size and location (supporting documentation required).
- 1 person in the household: $55,750
- 2 people in the household: $63,700
- 3 people in the household: $71,650
- 4 people in the household: $79,600
- 5 people in the household: $86,000
- 6 people in the household: $92,350
- 7 people in the household: $98,750
- 8 people in the household: $105,100
COVID-19 Information and Resources
City Information and Resources