Remember: a costume mask is not a substitute for a cloth face covering.
- Traditional door-to-door trick or treating
- Trunk or treat events
- Crowded events, especially indoor gatherings
- Low or no-touch trick-or-treating
- Goodie bags from a social distance, like at the end of a driveway
- Outdoor, distanced, costume parade
- Outdoor, distanced movie night
- Pumpkin carving at home with family
- Outdoor, distance pumpkin carving with friends
- Decorating at home
- Outdoor scavenger hunt in your neighborhood
- Virtual costume contest
Look for more tips on Halloween, Dia de los Muertos, and Thanksgiving on the CDC's website.