News Flash Home
The original item was published from 3/31/2023 3:28:53 PM to 4/3/2023 12:00:03 AM.
City of Falls Church News & Updates
Posted on: March 31, 2023
[ARCHIVED] Storm Preparation
Find the latest forecast through the National Weather Service and local news media.
Who to Contact
- Power Outages: Report to Dominion Energy, www.dom.com or 866-366-4357 (TTY 711).
- Water Utility: Issues with the water utility should be reported to Fairfax Water, 703-698-5800 (TTY 711) or after hours 703-698-5613 (TTY 711).
- Downed Wires: Assume any downed wires are live and do not approach or attempt to clear. Keep a distance and call Police Dispatch, 703-241-5053 (TTY 711).
- Downed Trees on Buildings and Streets: Report downed trees on buildings, streets, and public property to Police Dispatch, 703-241-5053 (TTY 711), and do not attempt to remove yourself, unless instructed to do so.
- Down Trees on Private Property: Downed trees on private property such as lawns are the responsibility of the property owner. Use tree contractors that are licensed in the City of Falls Church: www.fallschurchva.gov/TreeContractors.
- Dark Traffic Lights: A dark or non-working traffic light should be treated as a four-way stop, which means drivers should stop completely and take turns letting each driver proceed.